Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radford Arsenal Hunt
08-23-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: Radford Arsenal Hunt
(08-23-2013 02:15 PM)dakine_999 Wrote:  Got drawn for the 10/19 doe bow hunt but can't make it now because of family plans. Left a message with them to see if I could be put on a waiting list for another date.

I've heard that if you can't hunt the selected date you can be an alternate for the other days and have a good chance of getting in if you show up at the gate at 4:30.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2013, 05:48 PM
RE: Radford hunt
(08-23-2013 04:31 PM)Weeeelz Wrote:  
(08-23-2013 12:27 PM)bcm Wrote:  
(07-25-2013 08:54 PM)bcm Wrote:  This is my fourth year putting in for shotgun doe hunt. Hopefully I'm due...
That will give me an excuse to buy a new slug gun.

Success! I was drawn for this year's hunt. Now its time to begin sighting in the new slug gun.

Hope you other folks that put in were lucky as well.

They restrict you to slugs? No rifles allowed?

Correct, max of 4 factory slugs. No rifles are allowed.
08-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Yeah. And they tell you up front, no shots over 100 yards. They will ask you where the animal was standing when you shot. If much more than 100 yds, I've heard you will get at the least a good talkin' to. May get banned. I've never been to a more strict hunt, but it is well worth it.

[Image: SundayHunting20Virginia-1.jpg]
08-24-2013, 04:15 PM
killed a 5 1/2 year old 10 pointer there the year after the bad winter. saw lots of bucks. on my 4th year for shotgun doe. love this hunt. i would recommend it.
08-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Just heard back from the lady about Radford ....... she said that was the only date they had so I guess I'll try again next year.
08-26-2013, 01:06 PM
I didn't get drawn. Maybe next year. Looking forward to this buck hunt!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah...I'm a big negative on this year's draw as well. Looking for my buck hunt...

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi
09-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Does anyone know the meanings of the document tracking system on the Radford hunt? I sent my background and MO in back on Mon Aug 26. It just shows this...

Radford Payment/Document Tracking
Applicant Type Payment BGC Recd BGC Approved Weapon Reg
Label Label Label Label Label

Does this mean my stuff as been received?

Jason
09-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Jason,
Not real sure...they definitely didn't have that last time I was drawn. Hope they have the bugs out of it. I'm fortunate in that my doe hunt isn't until December.
Ken

[Image: SundayHunting20Virginia-1.jpg]
09-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Ken,

I'm worried about something happening by the time we get there in mid Oct. Had a buddy get there last year and they wouldn't let him in cause they didn't have his background check even though he sent it in. He had to go home and reapply this year and got picked again. I figured if I had sent something in 2 weeks ago, they should have it and updated their system. Might just called the support # and see what they say.

Jason