Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sandy point wma
01-16-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: sandy point wma
(01-16-2013 10:47 AM)cut_un Wrote:  Used to hunt there many years ago...... Question, anyone still brushing/maintaining the blinds???? I found it better to set up/hunt the tree lines,not the blinds at the mouth of the guts....just saying,can be pintail heaven,at times

hey thanks for the info man,I think we may take a boat ride this weekend and check it out. Will pintails come to mallard decoys? mallard calls?

The best things in life,are not things.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Different duck but just about anything flyin will decoys to mallards!
Where you guys putting in? I used to put in across/down the river(Rainbow Acres) campground, decent ramp and not too far awayWink

Chasin Feathers, the Sporting Life!

Share your passion,take a kid hunting!

Waterfowl USA
NWTF
01-16-2013, 12:26 PM
(01-16-2013 11:55 AM)cut_un Wrote:  Different duck but just about anything flyin will decoys to mallards!
Where you guys putting in? I used to put in across/down the river(Rainbow Acres) campground, decent ramp and not too far awayWink

We havent been yet,and we may just scout in the afternoon the 1st time and maybe hunt the evening,but when we go were gonna put in at
Melrose landing,route 602,Truhart rd. Thats the closest public ramp. Wheres Rainbow Acres and whats the cost?

01-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Been a while..... it's down river, a couple miles, on the left side(north side).... just before the power lines.

Waterfowl USA
NWTF
01-16-2013, 12:48 PM
(01-16-2013 12:44 PM)cut_un Wrote:  Been a while..... it's down river, a couple miles, on the left side(north side).... just before the power lines.

yeah,just checked on GoogleMap,its half the distance as Melrose! will be less time to endure a cold boat ride,and I called em and its only $6 to land the boat. Thanks for the info buddy.

01-16-2013, 12:57 PM
The ride..... means alot of 5 amWink They are good folks to work with too! Good luck,hope ya get a sprig:)

Waterfowl USA
NWTF
01-16-2013, 03:12 PM
(01-16-2013 01:39 PM)gobblin870 Wrote:  Gonna be pintail decoys every where this weekend.. geeze..

naaa,we just gonna use the mallard dekes,not even gonna go in the AM,he has somewhere on the Pamunkey (cousiac marsh) to go in the AM,supposed to be friggin loaded w birds.He probly get his daily limit and not wanna take me in the evening.......:(:(:(

01-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Isn't most of it locked up due to the blind laws? Or am I thinking a different place?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Last time I was there, it was owned/run by the state, the blinds were first on in de blind get the birds.... may have changed by now.

Waterfowl USA
NWTF
01-16-2013, 08:31 PM
there are 12 blinds on the map,all public land,so I would assume you can use any of em whenever.I may just call "the man" and ask.