Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dumb Bucks!
11-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Dumb Bucks!
Gotta love the rut...makes bucks sooo stupid! I was out this AM looking for either a big doe, or a hammer of a buck. Around 930, I heard a buck gruntin' off to my left while I was still huntin. I looked in the adjacent field and saw a spike runnin a big doe hard. I knelt down on the trail I was walking on, and right then, the doe turned right and started running straight to me. She got to about 15yds from me, and stopped after seeing. I drilled her in the chest. She drops. I stand up and see the spike smelling her. I start walking to the doe, and he just stands there looking at me. I got within 10yrds and then he decided to scurry off. I bend over to check the doe, and the spike is about 40yds away, walking back to me. I drag her over to a small hill so I could start field dressing. As I do that, I realize the spike circled around me and was behind me on the trail. He again started walking towards me. I essentially had to yell at the dag gone thing to get him to leave. I've never seen anything like that. Boy was love struck!!!

50 30-06 12 gauge
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: Dumb Bucks!
Its crazy this time of year

"I just want to fear my God, love my neighbor, and hunt big bucks"
11-22-2013, 08:27 PM
I have heard of bucks mounting dead does after hunters have shot them.

"The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

http://m.youtube.com/?tsp=1#/results?q=s...ntdeadlyz7
11-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Re: RE: Dumb Bucks!
(11-22-2013 08:27 PM)led0321 Wrote:  I have heard of bucks mounting dead does after hunters have shot them.

Ive witnessed it. Took my bil to kill his first deer. Whacks a doe then a spike goes to town on her! I decided enough was enough and sent him to the dinner table also:-)
11-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Does too are dumb; I shot a fork horn several years ago for meat for a pal, couldn't get a shot on the doe w/ him...as I walked to the buck, the doe started circling 30 yds or so away & started bawling, by the time I finished the cut/gut, I felt like a total butt, & got whizzed at the doe for feeling like that...lol...weird as hay it was...now if there's more than one, I let them both pass...NOT...:)

Iron Lotus fan...